If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
We admit children into our Reception class once a year in the September following their fourth birthday.
Parents interested in applying for Campton Lower School for admission of their child can arrange a visit to the school by contacting the School Office.
Being a Local Authority Community School, our admissions are organised through Central Bedfordshire (please see link below to apply for a school place).
Our admission number for each year group is 22. However, all pupils living in our catchment area are guaranteed a place at our school unless this would result in class numbers exceeding either statutory or Health & Safety limits. Children from outside our catchment area will be made most welcome depending on vacancies in their year group. If there are not enough vacancies for all children the following order of criteria will be used:
- All ‘looked after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked after’
- Children living in the catchment area with siblings at the school
- Children living in the catchment area
- Other children with siblings at the school
- Children who live nearest to the school determined by straight line distance from the school site to the child’s home address.
For definitions of any of these categories, please visit the school admissions section of the Central Bedfordshire website.